My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Roku
Roku

Do Not Defy Bane Shura Empty Do Not Defy Bane Shura

Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:53 pm
Current Mission:

Roku found himself in a rather shady neighborhood in his home village.  He'd been given a mission by his employer, Bane Shura, and it was to kill.  That pleased Roku... his twisted smile plastered on his face, he observed his surroundings.  Buildings had begun falling apart in the area, holes in the outside of buildings and bricks littering the ground.  A rather gross looking man with tattered clothing hung out on a corner, pestering passersby for pocket change.  It smelled of refuse, as the residents of the area could rarely afford proper disposal of trash.  The crumbling civilization before him brought him a perverse sense of peace.  Beautiful squalor... he felt at home.

He kept an eye out for one named Hatsu, who wanted to accompany Roku on his job.  Roku hadn't asked why... perhaps he wanted to make friends? Unlikely... it was probably a more calculated reason; probably something along the lines of wanting to observe the powers of a Jinchuuriki in combat. He may end up disappointed, if that were the case... for this was a no-nonsense stealth mission.  Get in, kill shit, get out.  Shukaku's voice came to life within Roku's mind.  "I am under the impression that the only one who derives more joy from killing than you, is me."

Roku immediately fired back.  "I just go where the money takes me... you don't know me you overgrown desert squirrel."
Narmlad

Do Not Defy Bane Shura Empty Re: Do Not Defy Bane Shura

Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:56 am
Hatsu looked around for the man who murdered people for Bane. What was his name? Roku? Hatsu was fairly sure that he had attended to the man before. Though, Hatsu had attended to many many people in his time as the doctor.

He saw the somewhat tall man standing around, and then saying something about 'desert squirrel'. That's fairly telling of who it was.

"Roku, I need to get some experience on missions. I am willing to heal any injuries you acquire while on mission." Hatsu would pull out a green book, and open it. "And, if required, am willing to give you reading material. I am unsure of how much you like reading, but the offer still stands."

Hatsu would open the book and start reading it. He had read this book before. And, not to mention, the name on the spine would read 'On Jinchuuriki'. Of course, Hatsu was reading this just to make sure he would get the treatment right. Overall, he was confident in curing any wound that the man would get. That was if the injury wasn't death. Not that Hatsu thought the man across from him wasn't competent, he just thought that missions were risky.
Roku
Roku

Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 am
Roku's face lit up when he saw Hatsu. He recognized the guy, and smiled in a friendly manner. Well, what Roku would consider friendly. To someone who wasn't familiar with his eccentrics, it would come off more as a twisted, malicious grin. "Hatsu! I will absolutely show you some of my craft. This is a stealth mission, however, and only one target is allowed to die. I have a cache stashed near our target... there, we can don disguises so that even if caught, our identities are not compromised. People can't find out that Bane is behind this."

Roku would then signal Hatsu to follow him, and step off, paying no attention whatsoever to whether he followed. "Reading material? Do you have anything by Masashi Kishimoto? He's my favorite author. The way he..." Roku cut himself off, realizing that he was about to say something incredibly disturbing. The way he describes the allure to darkness and death... it's intoxicating. In his favorite book by Kishimoto, the protagonist had plunged his hand into someone's chest cavity, and crush their still beating heart with his bare hand. Roku had fantasized about this for weeks before he had the opportunity to try that one out for himself.
Narmlad

Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:53 am
"I've used him as a study material before, to mentally train myself for anything that may happen. After all, his whole gimmick is how gruesome he is." Hatsu would say, following behind the man. Of course, he didn't stop reading. He just multitasked. He also noted the rest of what Roku had stated, noting that it's very important. Not that he needed to be told that. Hatsu knew that if they get caught, death. Not a fun thing, but a certain thing.

Hatsu would push his hand through his black hair and place the book into his bag. Hatsu had a very important question to ask, "How close would you like me to follow, Roku?" Hatsu lacked the respectful honorifics that should be held to the situation. That's just a byproduct of what he was like. Not only that; he knew Bane was likely going to make a lot of moves if this mission was an indication of future goings. Thereby, Hatsu had to both train his operation ability, and become friends with those in the field.

This was so that he could treat them the best. After all, a personalized treatment was the best treatment.  The best treatment keeps his coworkers alive, and thereby, Hatsu stays alive.
Roku
Roku

Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:07 am
Roku pondered Hatsu's response, and wondered if he should share that he read Kishimoto purely for entertainment, because of how gruesome it was. He thought for a moment, and decided it wasn't a very normal person thing to bring up, so he moved on. "You can stay with me for now... we got a bit of a hike in front of us. How... sneaky are you, by the way?" After Hatsu answered, Roku would take the time to show him some hand signals and what they meant. Couldn't exactly talk on a stealth mission, right? So he showed him the basics. Stay there, follow me, check that, kill him, run, hide, go ahead of me, etc. Hatsu was a smart guy, and Roku was sure he'd be able to memorize all these over the next hour or so as they walked.

It was not long before Roku came upon a tree the was dug out between the roots. He stopped Hatsu here, and without actually digging it out, used some sand below ground to excavate a wooden box. Roku winked at Hatsu and opened this box. There was clothing, some makeup kits, masks, and cloaks - enough for both of them. Additionally, there were a few basic blades, and a notebook where Roku had previously scouted the area and written down pretty much everything he'd seen. It was still far enough from the objective that he could speak freely, so as he rummaged through the box, he explained to Hatsu what some of the items were for. "Disguises, for the reasons I mentioned earlier. How are you with makeup? Nevermind, I'll help you. I took some notes on this place on a scouting mission already, so there's that. Oh. And do you need a blade?" Roku would supply Hatsu with either a katana or a wakizashi, whichever he chose, and begin donning his cloak, makeup, and mask. "We have about 30 minutes of sunlight left. Once you're situated, we'll use this as our rally point. In case of emergency, meet back here. Once we leave here... no speaking."
Narmlad

Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:09 pm
Hatsu would listen, mostly staying silent. The simple response to the 'how sneaky are you' question would be, 'as sneaky as I need to be.'

Once they arrived, Hatsu would take the Katana and speak once Roku was done speaking.

"Now, ignoring the fact that you're apparently good at makeup, I've understood everything else. A simple question. How close do you want me to get, or do you want me to hold back and just sort of watch?" Hatsu would ask, grabbing a mask and cloak. "I'll have a book covering my mask most of the time, anyway. After all, what better to cover a face than a book?" Hatsu would follow up his previous sentence, and finish his idea with.

To Hatsu's credit, he did look rather imposing in a black cloak and mask. Now, the whole imposing image falls completely apart when one notices just how lanky he is. But that's irrelevant. Hatsu would drop his bag near the tree as well, figuring that a bunch of medical books would at worst be stolen.
Roku
Roku

Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:26 pm

Roku liked Hatsu’s answer to his sneaky boi question, and nodded respectfully at him.  When he followed up with his own question, Roku’s answer was immediate.  “Get right up their asses.  If we get into trouble, I can get us out.”  And it would give me an excuse to forego the mission’s parameters and just… kill more people.It’s important that you get to feel what it’s like to be placed in a situation where you need to make the kill in order to succeed… and you need to take the risk of being caught in order to actually benefit us.” Roku’s words sounded oddly twisted and sagely at the same time.  

Roku would move forward, gesturing for Hatsu to take off his mask.  If he listened, Roku would start applying makeup to the man, talking him through it as he went.  “The point of the makeup here isn’t to woo anyone – so it doesn’t have to look good.  It’s to make you unrecognizable in a lineup.  So what I’m doing is using shading and contouring to give the illusion that your face is shaped differently.  We use makeup instead of a transformation or disguise technique because someone with a doujutsu or sensory technique might notice there’s something going on with your appearance – or it may not work at all, and they may just see directly through it.”  As Roku finished, he’d stand.  “We’re ready.

Narmlad

Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:20 pm
Hatsu would listen, and rub his chin. Roku's words did make sense, despite their risk. As far as Hatsu was concerned, Roku had the track record to cover for him. Though, his statement did feel a bit ominous. Hatsu would take off his mask, and watch as Roku skillfully put makeup on him.

However, once it's done, Hatsu would simply blink once before speaking. "I need you to teach me makeup; to cover some of the post-combat injuries in soldiers. If I learn it, I can teach them. Then, they can go out and walk and talk despite the scars."

Hatsu would then stretch and let out a wistful sigh. He had none of the fancy tactics that Roku did, but all of the willpower in the world to learn. Hatsu didn't wish to be left behind, especially when his compatriots were those like Roku. Roku was an exceptionally talented man that Hatsu could only look up to in the art of murder.
Roku
Roku

Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:34 pm

As Roku finished up with his makeover, he nodded slowly at Hatsu’s request, distractedly answering as he hid the cache once more. “Bit of a boring reason to learn makeup, but I like sharing my skills… if for no other reason to show off.”  Roku, for some reason, felt as if he could speak more freely to Hatsu, as though he wouldn’t be judged nearly as much, despite the fact that Hatsu wasn’t nearly as screwed up as Roku was.  It was a bit refreshing, in all honesty, and perhaps a bad thing to get too comfortable.  Despite knowing that risk, Roku was never one for caution… if he were, being a master assassin wouldn’t be a very lucrative business venture.

Roku gestured for Hatsu to follow, and he began moving silently through the sparse vegetation of the landscape.  He motioned for the man to stay low, for there was high, and quite annoying, grass and shrubbery, even if there were very little trees.  They could at least use that.  After a bit of time, they’d come upon a rather large estate.  There were some surrounding buildings; stables, workers’ cottages, barns… it was a rather large plantation, it seemed.  Larger than the topographical maps Roku had studied for the job.  In the middle, was quite a large manor.

Roku hadn’t been able to study this merchant as much as he’d like, and wasn’t even entirely sure of the man were home.  He knew he was in town, which meant he’d probably come to sleep here later in the day.  That was why Roku chose the route that he did; the duo were currently standing some 200 meters off from the only road that led into the estate, and Roku laid in the prone.  He would be able to see the merchant arrive home.  Roku pulled out a stick of charcoal and pulled up his sleeve, writing on his forearm, and showing it to Hatsu.  It read: “You go after the target.  I’ll hold the body guards back.”  The target was untrained, and Hatsu, with even a small amount of skill, should be able to take him if Roku kept the guards off him.  For now, they waited.  It would probably be a few hours until dark.

Narmlad

Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:01 pm
Hatsu would merely nod; it wasn't a strange reason. It was strange to say it directly, but that's exactly as he'd expect from someone of Roku's nature. Hatsu would then take this time to situate the mask on his own face again.

He'd follow Roku, staying slightly behind. Hatsu felt that the person they were murdering was rather wealthy, and that if he had this wealth...He'd have no issues buying any medical equipment. Not that he struggled much now. His employer was a wealthy man who had other wealthy men murdered.

Hatsu wasn't sure why but it felt a bit different. Sitting on the side of the road, in a cloak and mask. It wasn't that strange of a thing to do in the ninja world. Hatsu wasn't the ninja, was the thing.

Hatsu would then just look forward. How much could he trust Roku to just handle it?

Ah well. At worst, Hatsu would have to out-sprint the nearby guards. Hatsu would just wait for Roku to launch his attack in silence.
Roku
Roku

Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:14 pm

Night fell, and it wasn’t long before Roku saw a light approaching from a distance along the road.  There was what looked like a caravan approaching, with torches on every side of it.  The foot patrol must be the guards Roku had expected.  He held up his hand to Hatsu, palm open as if to say “wait for it…” until the caravan was perpendicular.  Then, Roku gestured forward, and blinked from Hatsu’s view.  Using Sand Glider Technique, he was suddenly standing in the middle of the entire group.  A wicked smile crossed his face, followed immediately by a frown as he realized he’d just told Hatsu to do the only killing allowed on this mission.

Roku was like a ghost.  His sword came drawn from its scabbard as he slashed the muscles of horses; first, the ones pulling the target’s carriage, then the ones carrying the six or so guards.  He relied on the superior mobility of his Sand Glider Technique to get him there before Hatsu and make the guards believe it was just him, so that Hatsu would have a free shot.  As they began to pounce on him, Roku defended himself with just the scabbard to his blade.  

These were certainly capable ninja, but Roku was a Master of weaponry and quite fast, and durable.  Because of not using his sand, he took hits here and there, but was otherwise beating the six guards to a pulp.  He’d keep an eye on the target so that if he made a run for it, Roku would be able to track him.  However, it was also so he could view Hatsu’s handiwork, hoping he’d do something to intrigue the murderous sadist that Roku had become.  He wasn’t always like this… but he was brought back to reality by a particularly nasty blow to the side of his head.  It dazed him, but refixed his focus, and he went the rest of the engagement without getting hit.  Soon, all six guards were unconscious.

Narmlad

Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:38 pm
Hatsu would wait for Roku to start up his work and dash forward towards the merchant. Hatsu's plan was simple. He would use his overwhelming physical advantage to get close, and then use his chakra scalpel to deal with the mobility of the merchant. Next, use the sword on his hip to kill the then unable-to-retaliate merchant.

Now, how did it go?

The dash forward went well, with Roku handling the guards with peak efficiency. Peak until he got punched in the side of the head, but that was irrelevant to Hatsu. Hatsu would make it to the merchant in record time, and using his chakra control, activate Chakra Scalpel. Though it couldn't be used, in its current form, as a murder weapon. It would be used to cut the tendons in the merchants leg.

That's exactly what he did; ducking a punch done by the merchant and swiping his scalpel across the legs to cut the tendons and muscle tissue. Quickly, the merchant fell backwards onto the ground. Then, by the time that Roku was done with the guards; he'd get to see the final blow.

Hatsu would take the Katana and stab the merchant through the heart, ending his life quickly and without much blood.
Roku
Roku

Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:24 pm

With the glimpses Roku caught through flashes of steel and flesh flying past his vision, he was able to see Hatsu, somehow, just tapping this man to elicit screams and totally immobilize him.  This, of course, intrigued Roku, and he was pleased that Hatsu was having a bit of fun with the kill.  After a moment, however, Roku realized nothing was really happening, and wondered if he was truly the only person who liked this part of the job.  The man seemed to be in pain, but Roku couldn’t figure out why.  Then, in the least eventful way possible, he was silenced with Hatsu’s blade.  Roku frowned, standing casually amidst screaming horses, unconscious guards, and a merchant who now seemed to be gurgling his own blood.  “Well… that was boring… I’ll have to teach you a bit of flair, if you want to keep working with me.” Roku was outwardly and legitimately displeased.  Still, he had to admit… Hatsu did not hesitate, and efficiently as possible, got the job done.  That part, at least, was rather admirable.  Requiring nothing else to call the mission complete, he’d speak again.  “Well, all right then.  We can walk back, I suppose.”  And he’d begin the trek down the road, opting for a smooth surface instead of the foliage.

Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum